Publishing Conference and Workshops – CoWork Ybor, 1907 E. 7th Ave., Tampa, 33605 – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Networking Lunch – Time and Location in Ybor City TBA
Publishing Salon – 6:30 to 8 p.m., Location in Ybor City TBA
Professional and published authors will speak about their experiences in the publishing industry and offer their knowledge to writers of all experiences. Topics to be discussed include:
- Myths of the publishing industry
- Forging relationships with local booksellers, media and literary organizations
- Tips for social media and marketing
- How to create your personal literary social network
- Finding an agent or editor
- Pros and cons of MFA programs
- Information for filing taxes and other accounting purposes
A Publishing Salon, where indie presses, literary journals and others who can publish your work will discuss who they are, what they’re looking for and answer questions.
Speakers include Karen Brown, Phillippe Diederich, Lorraine Laddish, Arin Greenwood and Sheree Greer.
Author/editor/agent Lorin Oberweger will offer two exclusive workshops:
- Creating an Engaging Query Letter
- Creating an Engaging First Page
Each class is limited to 12. Attendees must submit their first page or query letter anonymously ahead of the workshop, and it will be discussed in the hour-and-a-half long class.
- To attend the Publishing Salon only, entry is $10.
- Cost for workshops is separate from the conference entry. Cost is $35 to attend one workshop and $60 to attend both.
- Registration for the publishing conference only is $30. Entry to both the conference and the networking luncheon is $40.
- Sponsorship opportunities are available. For $100, sponsors will be able to set up a table with their information and entry for two people to the conference and networking lunch. Email WordierThanThou@gmail.com for information about sponsorship opportunities.