Under direct supervision, the Education Assistant manages administrative duties for the Education department as they relate to on and offsite programming.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Track Museum Studio Programs registration, attendance, and evaluations
- Administrative tasks related to the implementation of Museum Studio Programs, including, but not limited to:
- Tracking and submission of check requests
- Ordering of materials and supplies
- Data tracking
- Printing, copying, and filing
- Maintain Museum Studio Programs materials, supplies, equipment, and classrooms
- Track class and program needs to allocate materials, supplies, and equipment
- Process check requests for studio, education, and tour programs
- Track RSVPs and registrations for public programs
- Manage the calendars of the Community Engagement Manager and Education Curator
- Prepare materials for interdepartmental and committee meetings with other department and executive assistants
- Attend docent training in order to lead student and adult tours as needed
- Work with Education program leads to maintain program planning documents and represent Education department in Facilities meetings
- Other related duties as assigned
Associate’s degree or higher in Art, Business, or other related field, plus two (2) years of administrative experience.
Valid Florida Class “E” Driver’s License or equivalent issued by another state by date of application.
Knowledge, Skills, Experiences
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in full Microsoft Office Suite, especially Outlook and Excel
- Experience with registration software and applications (Siriusware, Wufoo, and Raiser’s Edge preferred)
Other Job Characteristics
- Occasional lifting of supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
- Must be available to work extended hours, weekends, evenings, and holidays
- Must have reliable transportation to travel between sites
Qualified applicants please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate the job title ‘Education Assistant’ in the subject line.
This post expires on Monday February 12, 2018.