General Support Grants for Nonprofits
The Arts Council of Hillsborough County (ACHC) is committed to facilitating participation in cultural programs by all individuals in Hillsborough County. The Cultural Development Grant Program provides general program support to local cultural organizations with programming that not only serves diverse audiences but also reaches geographically diverse communities. In addition, it is the intent of the program to encourage the development of both cultural and administrative operations of these organizations. Funds provided through this grant program are also intended to enhance the organization’s ability to attract new audiences and increase funding from other sources.
An organization applying for a grant must have as its primary mission the delivery of cultural programs. Cultural disciplines encompass, but are not limited to: architecture, crafts, creative writing, dance, history, literature, media arts, music, photography, theatre, traditional arts, visual arts, and the execution, exhibition, or presentation of such allied cultural forms.
Organizations applying for a Cultural Development Grant from the Arts Council must attend an application workshop, the first step in the application process. This is optional for current Cultural Development Grantees. Cultural Development Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and are judged on cultural merit, community outreach and financial/administrative management. This annual grant cycle is Oct. 1 through Sept. 15.
Grant program announcements are sent through email, on social media and posted on this website. Sign up for our mailing list to receive emails from the Arts Council.
2018-19 Grant Program
Application Period is Closed
- 2018-19 Cultural Development Grant Administration Manual
- 2018-19 CDG Grant Management Powerpoint
- 2018-19 CDG Managing Your Grant Webinar
- 2018-19 Cultural Development Grant Change Request
- 2018-19 Advocacy Report
- 2018-19 Advocacy Report Summary Table
- 2018-19 Cultural Development Program Guidelines - Description, eligible organizations, eligible projects, application requirements, allowable expenses, how applications are scored.
- Sample Eligibility Quiz - checklist that will be included in the online application
- Sample Application - Types of questions that will be asked in the online application.
- FAQ - Frequently asked questions about the application or program.
- 2018-19 Cultural Development Scoring Rubric - Criteria used to score grants
- Grant Program Glossary
Acknowledging Your Support
Logos, Credit for Funding
Arts organizations and artists receiving funding must display the Arts Council logo and Hillsborough County logo on all promotional materials and give proper credit for funding (as stated in the grant contract) to increase awareness of the importance of local funding for the arts. Download logos from this page.
The Arts Council’s grant programs are made possible thanks to funds from the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners. We are grateful for their continued support of our arts community.