The new Community Arts Impact Grant (CAIG) Program is designed to make arts and cultural opportunities more accessible for underserved populations across Hillsborough County. We are committed to supporting geographic, ethnic and age diversity, as well as programs that serve veterans and people with disabilities. Additionally, this grant program is meant to provide nimble/flexible funding while serving as a “training opportunity” for small, community-based organizations that are new to grant writing and/or seeking support from the Arts Council of Hillsborough County.
The goals of the Community Arts Impact Grant Program are aligned with the Arts Council of Hillsborough County’s Strategic Plan. Strategic funding priorities include:
- Create pathways for supporting rural and underserved communities with arts and cultural programming.
- Build deeper recognition that the arts and culture are critical for community and economic development.
- Integrate arts and cultural programming and resources across the region and County.
- Provide greater access to arts and cultural opportunities by leveraging creative community partnerships.
- Increase accessibility to arts and cultural programs for diverse voices in diverse communities.
Additionally, the CAIG program is committed to supporting cultural assets that are creating and protecting cultural equity across Hillsborough County, Florida.
Community Arts Impact Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and are judged on community engagement and impact; cultural/artistic merit of project; and financial and administrative oversight.
These are reimbursement grants and projects must take place during the grant period, Nov. 1 through Sept. 15. Eligible organizations may apply for up to $5,000. Please read the program's Guidelines document for eligibility requirements and program information. Funding for this program is provided by the Hillsborough Board of County Commissioners and managed by the Arts Council.
Grant program announcements are sent through email, on social media and posted on this website. Sign up for our mailing list to receive emails from the Arts Council.
2018-19 Grant Program
Deadline Fri., July 13, 4 pm
- 2018-19 Community Arts Impact Program Guidelines - Description, eligible organizations, eligible projects, application requirements, allowable expenses, how applications are scored.
- Sample Application - Types of questions that will be asked in the online application.
- FAQ - Frequently asked questions about the application or program.
- 2018-19 Community Arts Impact Scoring Rubric - Criteria used to score grants
- Grant Program Glossary
FINAL APPLICATION DEADLINE
The application and required documents must be uploaded by Friday, July 13, 2018, 4 pm. Deadlines will not be extended for technical difficulties.
All applications must be submitted through our online grant system. Register and start your application early.
Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018, 1 pm, Children’s Board of Hillsborough County. All applicants strongly encouraged to attend.
Acknowledging Your Support
Logos, Credit for Funding
Arts organizations and artists receiving funding must display the Arts Council logo and Hillsborough County logo on all promotional materials and give proper credit for funding (as stated in the grant contract) to increase awareness of the importance of local funding for the arts. Download logos from this page.
The Arts Council’s grant programs are made possible thanks to funds from the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners. We are grateful for the continued support of our community that makes art happen.