The Arts Council of Martin County seeks street artists to compete in its inaugural ARTSFEST OFF THE WALL urban art competition at the upcoming ArtsFest on Saturday, February 9, 2019, from 12-6 PM. A two-day celebration of the arts, ArtsFest attracts approximately 15,000 attendees each year since its inception in 1988. ARTSFEST OFF THE WALL will take place at Memorial Park in historic Downtown Stuart. Large 8’x 8’ wood panels will be made available – artists will be placed throughout the festival where the public will be able to view their works in progress. Accepted artists will receive a $100 stipend with an opportunity to win the $1,000 first prize.
This year, ArtsFest will highlight and celebrate world culture and the concept of unity through varied media and disciplines including visual, performing and culinary arts throughout the festival weekend. The Arts Council of Martin County is seeking artists who have unique creative voices interested in exploring ideas of unity and diversity in the spirit of world culture.
• Email submissions are due ON 12/31/18. Submissions received AFTER 12/31/18 will not be considered.
• Subject line must include: AF2019_OFFTHEWALL_YourName. Email your submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Accepted artists will be notified through email no later than 01/04/19.
EMAIL SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
• Please submit 5 images representative of your work using the following specifications. *Artists working in teams must submit 10 images in total).
• All files should be labeled with your name and title of work. Ex: Yourname_titleofwork.jpg
• All artists must include: CV/resume, bio, and artist statement.
• Submissions that do not follow ALL the above guidelines will not be considered.
MORE INFO: http://martinarts.org
This post expires on Friday January 4, 2019.