WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW AT A GLANCE:
- The artists’ projects can be in all artistic disciplines, genres, and styles.
- This is a matching grant. Funds must be matched, with no more than 25% of the budget with in-kind.
- Collaboration with other artists, organizations, and community members is encouraged. However, one lead artist must serve as the primary contact and fiscal agent for the grant.
- Individual Artist project grants are designed for artists at varying career levels.
- Deadline for completed applications is June 1, 2017.
- Be a professional creative artist
- Be a Florida resident for at least on year prior to the application deadline and maintain residency in Florida through the project
- Be 18 years of age or order by the application deadline
- Not be enrolled in degree or certificate program
- Project dates: July 1, 2018 – June 30, 2019
ABOUT THE APPLICATION:
- All applicants must submit a complete application with required attachments and optional support materials on or before the application deadline.
- The application will include an artist statement.
- Must describe the project in detail (including budget), its artistic significance/context, and public benefit.
- The applicant must also identify all Division Goals that are addressed by the project. Division Goals are:
- Building the economy and creative industries
- Enhancing education through arts and culture
- Advancing leadership in arts and culture in the state and nation
- Promoting healthy, vibrant, and thriving communities
- Advancing sense of place and identity
- The application must include resume(s) or vitae(s) of key participants
- Samples of original work (images of artwork, screenplay, musical composition, audio or video recordings) must be included.
Basic Application Eligibility
Individual Artist project funding is designed to support projects by practicing, professional, creative artists at varying career levels residing in Florida. For purposes of this program, a “professional creative artist” is defined as a person who creates, on an ongoing basis, original works of art within an artistic discipline, and is pursuing it as a means of livelihood or for the highest level of professional recognition.
Individual Artist Funding is intended for artists creating original works of art. For the purpose of this program derivative works such as interpretations, arrangements, reproductions, or any other transformations, or adaptations of pre-existing works created by other artists are not considered original.
- A valid Florida driver’s license or identification card
- Proof of voter registration in Florida (a voter registration card or other official correspondence from the supervisor of elections)
- A declaration of domicile
- A recent federal tax return showing a Florida address
Applicants must redact their Social Security Number and any other sensitive financial information submitted as documentation of residency as all application documents are subject to Public Records Law (Chapter 119, Florida Statutes).
All applicants must be 18 years of age or older by the application deadline. Applicants may not be enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
This article is only a brief summary of the program, eligibility and other aspects of the DCA program. You must see the DCA website and program documents for a complete description and understanding of how to apply.
Post expires on Monday June 5, 2017