Returning to the scenic waterfront campus of Eckerd College in St. Petersburg, Florida, the 2018 Writers in Paradise conference offers everything you need to advance creatively and professionally as a writer—no matter what stage of your career. The 14th edition of Writers in Paradise takes place from January 13 – 20, 2018. Admission is competitive and the committee accepts writers with early potential, as well as those more established in the field.
Co-founded in 2004 by well-respected authors Dennis Lehane and Sterling Watson, and co-directed by Les Standiford, Writers in Paradise offers participants an intensive eight-day experience of workshops, classes, roundtables, panel discussions, and book signings. The intimate size, workshops are limited to 12 participants, and the secluded location allows writers the time to share manuscripts, critique one another’s work and discuss the craft of writing with faculty and peers.
While participants at the conference benefit from direct study with distinguished writers, the community is not left out. Faculty and visiting writers present evening readings nightly that are open to the public.
This year’s faculty and guests include authors:
- Russell Banks (Continental Drift),
- Lan Samantha Chang (Inheritance),
- Tim Dorsey (Clownfish Blues),
- Andre Dubus III (Dirty Love),
- Ann Hood (The Book That Matters Most),
- Major Jackson (Roll Deep),
- Laura Lippman (Wilde Lake),
- Laura McCaffrey (Marked),
- Peter Meinke (Lucky Bones),
- Ana Menendez (Adios, Happy Homeland),
- Stewart O’Nan (City of Secrets),
- Cathie Pelletier (A Year After Henry),
- Michael Ruhlman (Grocery: The Buying and Selling of Food in American),
- Les Standiford (The Man Who Invented Christmas),
- Helen Pruitt Wallace (Shimming the Glass House),
- Sterling Watson (Suitcase City), agent/editor panels and more.
Registration for the 2018 Writers in Paradise conference is open now until November 15. For more information check out their website.
Post expires on Saturday January 20, 2018