The Arts Council administers an annual grant program for the purpose of cultural development in Hillsborough County. Under the program, 501c3 cultural organizations in Hillsborough County may apply for general program support. Cultural organization disciplines encompass, but are not limited to: archaeology, architecture, children’s museums, crafts, creative writing, dance, drama, folk arts, history, literature, music, natural sciences, photography, public media, sculpture, theatre, visual arts, and the execution, exhibition, or presentation of such allied cultural forms. The organization must have as its primary mission the delivery of cultural programming. There are several aspects to eligibility. Read the program guidelines document for detailed eligibility information.
Organizations applying for a Cultural Development Grant from the Arts Council must attend the application workshop, the first step in the application process. Cultural Development Grants are awarded on a competitive basis and are judged on cultural merit, community outreach and financial/administrative management. The annual grant cycle is Oct. 1 through Sept. 15.
Grant program announcements are sent through email, on social media and posted on this website. Sign up for our mailing list to receive emails from the Arts Council.
2017-18 GRANT PROGRAM
You must have attended the Application Workshop in order to apply.
Application Workshop: Monday, May 15, 2017, 1-2:30 pm. This is the first step in the application process. All applicants must attend this session. See information and RSVP.
Application Deadline: Friday, July 7, 2017, 5 pm
Grant Review Panel: Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 9:30 am
- 2017-18 Cultural Development Grant Guidelines (pdf revised 5-11-2017)
- 2017-18 Cultural Development Grant Scoring Details (pdf revised 5-11-2017)
- 2017-18 Eligibility Worksheet (Word doc) *
- 2017-18 Application Document (Word doc) * revised 5-15 to reflect corrected upload URL
- 2017-18 Organization Programming Document (Excel xls) *
- 2017-18 Revised Application Budget (Excel xls) * revised 5-15 to reflect additional information
- 2017-18 Certification and Compliance Document (Word doc) *
- HOW TO SUBMIT FILES (pdf)
CORRECTED URL FOR DOCUMENT UPLOAD: https://goo.gl/0ajCVG – This url is case sensitive.
* Document must be completed and uploaded as part of a complete application package.
2016-17 GRANT PROGRAM
THE 2016-17 APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED.
FOR CURRENT 2016-17 GRANT RECIPIENTS
- 2016-17 CDG Program Final Report
- 2016-17 CDG Procedures Manual
- 2016-17 CDG Invoice for Payment
- 2016-17 CDG Invoice Detail Worksheet
- 2016-17 CDG Change Request Form
- Florida Cultural Alliance Membership Application
Logos, Credit for Funding
Arts organizations and artists receiving funding must display the Arts Council logo and Hillsborough County logo on all applicable promotional materials and give proper credit for funding (as stated in the grant contract) to increase awareness of the importance of local funding for the arts. Download logos from this page.
WHERE THE ARTS COUNCIL GETS MONEY FOR GRANTS
The Arts Council’s grant programs are made possible thanks to funds from the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners. We are grateful for the continued support of our community that makes art happen.