The Arts Council administers an annual grant program for the purpose of cultural development in Hillsborough County. Under the Cultural Development Grant program, organizations may apply for operating support or project support. The annual grant cycle follows the Arts Council’s fiscal year which begins Oct. 1.
Organizations applying for a Cultural Development Grant from the Arts Council must attend a pre-application workshop on the program and the application process. This is usually held in early summer. Sign up for our email list to receive notices. This will help applicants understand eligibility requirements and the application process.
Cultural Development Grants are awarded on a competitive basis to not-for-profit, tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) organizations that meet the eligibility requirements (see grant program’s guidelines) and provide cultural programming in Hillsborough County.
An organization applying for a grant must have as its primary mission the delivery of cultural programming. Cultural disciplines encompass, but are not limited to: archaeology architecture, children’s museums, crafts, creative writing, dance, drama, folk arts, history, literature, music, natural sciences, photography, public media, sculpture, theatre, visual arts, and the execution, exhibition, or presentation of such allied cultural forms. Read the program guidelines document for additional eligibility information.
Funding is awarded based on overall quality of cultural excellence, community outreach and public impact, and financial/administrative organizational merit.
Be sure to sign up for the Arts Council’s mailing list to receive notices of any upcoming grant information. Notices are sent through email and posted on this website.
2016-17 GRANT PROGRAM
THIS APPLICATION PERIOD IS CLOSED.
Mandatory pre-application workshop – see information.
- 2016-17 Cultural Development Grant Guidelines (pdf)
- 2016-17 Cultural Development Grant Application (Word doc)
- 2016-17 Cultural Development Grant Application Financials (Excel doc)
- 2016-17 Cultural Development Grant Scoring Details (pdf)
- Cultural Development Grant Glossary (pdf)
FOR CURRENT GRANT RECIPIENTS
- 2016-17 CDG Program Final Report
- 2016-17 CDG Procedures Manual
- 2016-17 Contract Exhibits A, B1, B2
- 2016-17 Contract Exhibit C
- 2016-17 Contract Exhibit D
- Hills County EOC Clause (pdf)
- Public Entity Crimes Form (pdf)
- 2016-17 CDG Invoice for Payment
- 2016-17 CDG Invoice Detail Worksheet
- 2016-17 CDG Change Request Form
- Florida Cultural Alliance Membership Application
Arts Council Logos, Acknowledging Funding
Arts organizations and artists receiving funding must display the Arts Council logo and County logo on all applicable promotional materials to increase awareness of the importance of local funding for the arts. Download logos from this page.
WHERE THE ARTS COUNCIL GETS MONEY FOR GRANTS
The Arts Council’s grant programs are made possible thanks to funds from the Hillsborough County Board of County Commissioners and fundraising events such as FIVE by FIVE. We are grateful for the continued support of our community that makes art happen.