Imagine Museum, a new fine art institution in the Central Arts District of St. Petersburg whose primary collection displays the growth and diversification of the studio glass movement in America, is seeking a Development Director.
The Development Director is a senior-level position reporting directly to the Executive Director, and is responsible for generating and implementing the development strategy for the Imagine Museum. The Development Director will be responsible for achieving the museum’s annual fundraising goals and engaging donors in the museum’s mission and programs. They will also be responsible for the communications, gift tracking, and general organization of the Development Department and museum campaigns.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university (advanced degree preferred).
- Minimum four years of progressively responsible development experience with demonstrated success in fundraising (arts or cultural experience).
- Four years of management experience, or any other combination of experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be considered.
- Proven ability to raise funds from individuals, businesses, and foundations with accompanying metrics; planned giving experience is a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of development strategies and trends.
- Solid experience with capital campaigns.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong delegation and team-building skills.
- Ability to multitask and embrace creative problem solving.
- Knowledge and experience with software and tools such as Raiser’s Edge, Google, Microsoft Office, and other social media outlets.
- Some evening, event, and weekend work, and occasional travel is required.
- Familiarity with Tampa Bay funding community a plus.
Submitted by: Jamie Francis, Imagine Museum
Post expires on Tuesday June 13, 2017