Tampa-Hillsborough County Public Library services is looking for a part-time art coordinator for its SouthShore regional library branch. The coordinator will teach and coordinate the art programming in the John Crawford art studio at that branch.
- Teach visual and applied art classes.
- Plan, prepare and present art programs and activities at the library for ages pre-kindergarten through adults.
- Audition artists for proposed programs and stay current on emerging art trends.
- Coordinate art programming as well as hire quality art teachers with art backgrounds to carry out art programs and activities.
- Coordinate art class registration for library customers to sign up for art classes.
- Promote gallery shows at the library and hold opening receptions for the public to view galleries.
- Facilitate meetings to discuss ideas for the galleries and art/exhibits for the juried exhibits.
- Assist in making supply purchase recommendations for art classes at the studio.
- Participate in programming/teaching of art classes both in the library and through outreach activities.
- Four year degree of formal training in art education
- Two or more years of experience in teaching or coordinating visual and applied arts programs
- Strong customer services skills
- Valid Drivers License
Associate’s or higher degree from an accredited college or university and one year of experience in teaching or coordinating visual and applied arts programs; and working with personal computers, some of which included training and troubleshooting basic computer hardware and software problems.
This post expires on Thursday September 28, 2017.