DEADLINE: 2:00 pm Friday, June 30, 2017
Please contact Chuck Ankney at firstname.lastname@example.org for a complete copy of the RFQ document.
The project is part of an existing PSTA bus shelter (#5235), located at 603 Main Street. The shelter is both in the City right-of-way and on Mease Dunedin Hospital property.
Overall design criteria that will help guide the selection of artist finalist include:
• Artwork that will compliment the project site.
• Design solutions that incorporate some functional bus shelter enhancement, such as a bike rack, trash receptacle and/or other proposed improvements.
• Artists will respond to the “Give Me Shelter” Humanity at Work theme.
• Designs require minimal maintenance (please describe any maintenance needs of proposed artwork).
• A solar charging station with a lighting component, an existing bus shelter, an enlarged concrete pad will be provided for artists in coordination with their specific proposal.
• Designs that ensure a high level of safety and mitigate risks where possible to avoid vandalism, and be designed in accordance to ADA guidelines
• Original design (not reproduced).
• Proposed work should be structurally sound; proposed work may require review and approval by a registered FL engineer (at the artists expense)—if safety concerns are associated with the proposed work.
• This design competition is open to artists that reside in the following Counties: Hernando, Hillsborough, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Manatee and Sarasota.
• It is preferred that the artist have successfully completed other public commissions of a similar scale/budget.
• It is also preferred that the artist have an established track record of producing outdoor artworks that can withstand Florida’s climate.
The project budget is $20,0000 (twenty thousand dollars). This artwork budget will reflect all costs associated with the project.
MORE INFO: http://www.dunedingov.com/index.aspx?page=58
Submitted by: Chuck Ankney, City of Dunedin
Post expires on Friday June 30, 2017